Covid Procedures & Protocols
We are grateful to be re-opening our doors on June 1 and truly appreciate your support and patience as we navigate through this transition. Due to the nature of our work, we have had to take extra precautions and have been working diligently to develop a set of protocols and make changes to our premises to ensure your safety and ours.
Appointment times will need to be adjusted for staggered start times between clients for enhanced cleaning protocols. Your therapist will be contacting you soon should your time(s) need to be changed.
Please take the time to read through this carefully BEFORE coming in for your next appointment.
- RMTs will be wearing personal protective equipment as per recommended guidelines by our College to minimize exposure. RMTs will be self-assessing daily.
- Increased cleaning and sanitizing between appointments and staggered appointment times to maintain social distancing.
- Please reschedule your appointment if you are feeling unwell; we will not be charging late fees for cancellations due to illness.
Before your appointment:
- Your RMT will call you to complete a self-assessment the day before your appointment. We are required to speak with you 24 hours prior to your appointment.
- Arrive on time and wait in your car or by the main door. Please do not use the buzzer or enter until your RMT greets you at the door. If you are not able to park within sight, your RMT will call or text you.
- Limit what you bring into the clinic with you.
- Your RMT will open the front clinic door and take you straight to the treatment room.
- Come into the clinic alone unless otherwise discussed.
- Maintain physical distancing while in the shared clinic space. Masks must be worn at all times in all shared clinic space.
- Please sanitize your hands upon entry and exit. Hand sanitizer will be provided.
- There is a designated washroom; however, we encourage the use of your washroom at home before and after, if possible.
During your appointment:
A new Consent Form will need to be signed, acknowledging that any massage therapy treatment involves some risk of the transmission of Covid-19. Although we are following strict protocols to minimize risk, please understand it cannot be reduced to zero.
Another pre-screening will need to be conducted verbally.
Please refrain from touching any unnecessary surfaces.
Your RMT will be wearing a mask during treatment and we ask that you also wear a mask while face up on the table and after the massage before you leave.
After your treatment, your RMT will leave and then knock on the door a few minutes later to make sure you are dressed.
A wireless Tap point of sale will be available for card use. We prefer not to take cash at this time. E-transfers are also acceptable.
Receipts will be emailed, not printed.
Your RMT will escort you to the front door and open it for you upon completion of your appointment.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. We know this is a lot to absorb and adjust to. It’s a big change for all of us and we want to keep you (and ourselves) healthy and safe.
If you would like to see our full Guidelines Plan for Return to Practice, you can find it at: waterfrontmassage.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/COVID-19-Return-to-Practice-1.pdf